Saturday, December 21, 2013

UPDATE ON MY OTHER BLOG: Red Butterfly Effect - Politics, pop culture, life, the universe and everything


Dear friends,
 
in August, after many months of procrastination, I finally set up a supplemental blog to allow me to blog on other political issues, pop culture and other issues that interest me.  As I noted at the time, I will continue to blog about Palestine at Live from Occupied Palestine as I have always done but  I will also blog about "politics, pop culture, life, the universe and everything" on my secondary blog, Red Butterfly Effect. 

When I first set up Red Butterfly Effect, I decided to try using Tumblr as my main platform. After four months, I have decided I am much more use to full text blogs/platforms, similar to this one used for Live from Occupied Palestine.  I will retain my RBE tumblr page, but I have now now also set up a standard text blog which the tumblr page will redirect too.  I have begun updating the text platform with posts already existing on tumblr platform and posted some new entries. 

As I noted at the time, Red Butterfly Effect, is an outlet for me to ramble, muse and rant about politics and pop culture, as well as anything else that may take my fancy (to read my full "about" page for the blog, please click here). Some posts will offer a more substantial political analysis about current political happenings, social phenomenon, pop culture or whatever else takes my interest, while other posts will not be as substantial and might just be about taking the piss, having a laugh and sharing things I love and enjoy, warts and all. 


While I will occasionally post material on Palestine at Red Butterfly Effect - it will mainly be related to cultural issues. I will continue to primarily blog about Palestine at Live from Occupied Palestine. 

 
Red Butterfly Effect is still a very new project but you will find there already a number of posts, including:

  • short piece on Art as Resistance in Palestine  
  • a comment piece on the Zionist appropriation of Palestinian culture
  • news on the "Annyeong" (Are you well?) anti-privatisation protests in South Korea
  • The Left and Russell Brand
  • a brief review of the new Angela Davis documentary: Free Angela and All Political Prisoners
  • Nothing to Prove: Women, geekdom and sexism
  • stuff I love from the world of geek (with more to come)
  • some of my favourite poems and music (with more to come)

Please continue to visit me here at Live from Occupied Palestine and as mentioned previously, if you have time  I would love it if you would occasionally come and visit me over at Red Butterfly Effect.


in solidarity, Kim

No comments: