Monday, February 18, 2008

Live from Occupied Palestine Exhibition

@Centre for Latin American Solidarity and Studies,
North Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

The exhibition includes anti-occupation and political posters from Occupied Palestine, drawings by the children of Jenin refugee camp in the aftermath of Israel's 2002 "Defensive Shield" operation (Israel's biggest military assault on the OPT since 1967) and photographs by Kim Bullimore, who worked in Occupied Palestinian Territories in 2004 and 2007 as part of the International Women's Peace Service.

"Having been to Palestine twice in three years and spending almost a year there on my second visit, I was struck not only by the beauty of the region but also the determination of the Palestinian people. Despite overwhelming odds, the Palestinian people have remained 'sumoud' (steadfast) in the face of a brutal occupation and overwhelming odds, refusing to give up their struggle for freedom and justice. I hope with these photographs, drawings and posters that I have brought back from the Occupied Palestinian Territories, I can convey to other Australians what life is really like for the Palestinian people living under the illegal Israeli occupation".























2 comments:

Yishai Kohen said...

Silly Kim: There is no such thing as "Palestine"- and definitely not any "occupied Palestine".

Hey, I have a great idea: Why not make one in Victoria, near you?

This way, you can pretend so much more efficiently.

Hints said...

Hi Kim

I found your site through Leftwrites ... all my best for you in your dangerous situation - I write to highlight the hideous illegal Israeli occupation and Israeli oppression of The Other which they remain in denial about also on my blog.

I have added your blog to BlogShares at http://blogshares.com and will share it with others who are supportive of the end of the occupation - you might like to visit BlogShares sometime and claim your blog so you can write something at the top of its page. I've also linked to you in my blogroll which gives your blog a decent value in BlogShares :)

All the best in solidarity with the Palestinian people,


Jinjirrie